Welcome Guide for New Customers
Congrats on your move! We wanted to take the opportunity to draw your attention to some helpful tips that are good for your wallet, your lawn, and beyond.
Need More Assistance?
Call Customer Service at 913-895-1800, or download our Welcome Guide (PDF).
WaterOne serves customers in 17 cities and unincorporated areas in Johnson County, Kansas, as well as parts of Wyandotte County and Miami County.
Is WaterOne your water provider? Check your address via our Interactive Map.
WaterOne bills are sent once every other month, so your bill will reflect two months of water usage. WaterOne does not handle wastewater.
- Johnson County Wastewater: 913-715-8590
- Olathe Wastewater: 913-971-9311
- Spring Hill: 913-247-3521
Eliminate paper bills while gaining control over how and when your bill is paid.
- Email or text notification that your bill has arrived and is ready to view. Simply log into your profile to view and/or pay your bill online or other preferred methods
- Email with a PDF version of your bill attached
- Reminders when bill is due
- Pay your bill from your email or text notification, if desired
- View account history including: billing, payments and usage
Learn how to sign up for Paperless Billing.
New to the Midwest? Is this the first time you've had a sprinkler system or the first time you're laying sod or seeding? Some customers have questions about what kind of water usage to expect, especially if outdoor watering is new for them. Give us a call as you consider your outdoor landscaping options. We may be able to provide important information on estimated water usage looking at the property's past history or the surrounding neighborhood.
- Winterizing your sprinkler system prevents leaks and surprise high bills while also extending your system's lifespan
- A power outage can reset your sprinkler box to factory settings. Be sure to check your system after an outage to ensure it's running on schedule
- An average zone can put out 14 gallons of water
- Watch tutorials on various sprinkler systems on our website
For more tips visit our Smart Watering page.
Leaks on your internal plumbing system, outdoor sprinkler, and service line aren't always obvious and can lead to substantial water bills. Many leaks are simple fixes, while others may require assistance from a plumber. Toilets are the most common culprits for creating high bills. Leaks in toilets can waste up to 1,400 to 2,800 gallons of water per day depending on the age of the toilet and severity of the leak.
Learn more tips on how to spot and prevent links on our Leaks page.
Preventing Frozen Pipes
Preparing your home for winter is an important task. Interior water pipes are the homeowner's responsibility, so by taking a few precautions you can save your home from extensive water damage and a high water bill.
Before the cold weather hits:
- Know the location of your main water shut-off valve in case of emergency
- Disconnect outdoor water hoses
- Winterize your sprinkler system
- Insulate any exposed water pipes
When temperatures drop below 23 degrees:
- Drip a faucet farthest from your main water shut-off valve
- Open cabinet doors to allow warm air to circulate under your sinks
- Keep your thermostat above 65 degrees
View more tips on our Frozen Pipes page.
Annual Water Quality Report
We're proud to meet and exceed water quality standards year after year to produce our award-winning water. Our annual reports are available online or you can call to request a paper copy.
Get a copy online at our Water Quality Report page.
WaterOne exclusively uses NotifyJoCo to send water outage alerts to our customers. Create your free profile and tag up to 5 locations to receive alerts by text, phone call or email.