Get Paperless Billing
What's better than recycling? Going paperless, so Enroll Now!
Eliminate paper bills, keep control, and gain options on how your bill gets delivered:
- Basic email notifying you that your bill has arrived and is ready to view. Simply log into your profile to view and/or pay your bill
- Email with a PDF version of your bill attached
- Text message to your mobile phone (SMS) notifying you that your bill has arrived and is ready to view. Pay by text from your stored bank account, or simply log into your profile to view and/or pay your bill
- Reminders when bill is due
- Pay your bill by text or email
If you make your fee-free payment through your paperless billing profile, you can choose to get notified when your payment is made, cancelled, or rejected.
Plus, with paperless billing, you can schedule payments without paying convenience fees:
- Automatic draft from checking or savings account (Recurring Payments). Manage your own bank account information and payment schedule
- One-time bank draft from checking or savings account
- Choose to get notified when recurring payments are scheduled, cancelled or approved
- View three years of billing and payment history
- View your water usage history
New to WaterOne or New to Your Service Address?
Please wait until the following business day after your WaterOne account is established to sign up for paperless billing.
View the following FAQs to learn more.
- What if I forget my User ID or password?
Go to the login page and click on "Forgot User ID/Password?"
- How do I change my name or email?
From the Dashboard, choose Edit Profile Information, or click the menu icon to access the site menu. Then select Profile Information and select the edit option for the information you wish to change
- How do I change my bank account information?
Click the menu icon to access the site menu and select Manage Payment Accounts.
- How can I confirm if my payment has been processed?
You can view your current balance on your Dashboard, or click the menu icon to access the site menu. Then select Payment History to see the current status of your payment.
- How are notifications delivered?
- Email: Choose to get a plain text or HTML email to the email address identified with your online profile. If an email address isn't valid or provided, emails will not be delivered. To pay by email, you must choose PDF and Payment Summary.
- Text (SMS): Get a text to your mobile phone. Please note that a separate SMS enrollment process must be completed after selecting SMS delivery method for at least one of the Notification Types. If SMS enrollment is not complete, no SMS messages will be delivered. To pay by text, you must check the SMS box at the top of the page.
- Voice Message: Get a voice message to any phone. Requires registration of phone number, choice of call times, and time zone.
Note: Language for notifications must be selected.
- How do I enroll?
Enrollment is easy! You'll need your WaterOne account number and your 5 digit billing zip code. To speed up the process, know what username and password you want to use.
If you plan to make Self-Managed Direct Debit payments through your paperless billing profile, you will need the routing and account numbers for the bank account you'll use. This information can be securely stored in your profile. Payments made through your paperless billing profile do not carry a processing fee.
See instructions for Paperless Billing Enrollment (PDF)
Note: You must wait until the following business day before enrolling.
- When will my new User ID and password be activated?
You are ready to make a payment once your first bill posts to your Paperless account.
- How do I enroll additional accounts?
Click on Menu button (three horizontal lines) and choose Online Accounts. Then click on "Add Account" under the "Action" column.
- When can I start making payments through my paperless billing profile?
You are ready to make a payment once your first bill posts to your e-Bill/Paperless account.
Important: The bill in your profile at the time of enrollment must be paid using the Single/Independent Payment option. Recurring payments are triggered by the arrival of a new bill and will not be effective for a bill already in your profile. Scheduled recurring payments will start when your next bill arrives.
- Will I continue to receive a paper bill in the mail?
No. In order to receive a paper bill you would need to deactivate your profile.
- How do I cancel my paperless billing enrollment?
From the log-in screen, choose “Deactivate your profile.”
- What types of payment are accepted on the paperless billing site?
Direct debit payment from a banking account: checking, Money Market or savings accounts. You manage all of your payment information and scheduling in your Paperless Billing profile.
- How do I make a payment?
Go to the WaterOne website and click the Pay My Bill button. Paperless Billing is the option you are looking for when making a payment from your banking account. You will need to log into your paperless billing profile.
A summary of your account(s) is available on your dashboard. Click the View/Pay button to view your bill and pay the individual bill, or from the left hand menu choose Schedule a Payment and make individual or consolidated payments.
You can also choose Manage Recurring Payments to schedule a payment for future bills that post.
- Can I establish regularly scheduled payments?
Yes. Two types of payments can be scheduled in advance. We call them recurring payments. You have the choice between two types of recurring payments; automatic and fixed:
- Automatic: Automatic payments ensure your payment is never late. This option always pays the amount shown on the bill. You can choose to pay the bill as soon as it arrives in your profile, on the due date, or a specified number of days before the due date.
- Fixed: Both the amount you want to pay and the date you choose to make the payment are the same each month. It is highly recommended that you do not set an 'Ending Date' of 'Until Further Notice' on a fixed payment. Select a specific date or number of payments.
Before submitting a recurring payment for scheduling, be sure to double check the starting and ending dates in the Payment Period section. Make sure they accurately reflect what you are trying to accomplish with the type of payment(s) you are scheduling.
We also offer AutoPay - another type of recurring, automatic, convenient, free form of payment that is available through our customer service department. AutoPay is a "hands-free" payment solution where all of your information is managed and maintained by our customer service department. AutoPay is not available through your paperless billing profile, you must contact customer service to enroll or make changes once enrolled.
If you are unsure whether you are enrolled for AutoPay, please check with customer service before scheduling a recurring payment. Enrollment in recurring payments and AutoPay will create duplicate payments.
- When will my Single/Independent Payment be processed?
"Same Day" payments can only be made before 7 pm. CST. If you try to schedule a payment for "today" but it is after 7 pm. CST or on a non-business day, a message alerts you to schedule your payment for the next available business day. )
Your account will be credited on the business day following the selected payment date. See the chart below for a complete schedule.
Payments scheduled for a holiday may be withdrawn from your bank account on the business day prior to the holiday.
Timing of Bank Account Payments
If You Schedule Your Payment for: Your Account Will Be Credited on: Monday Tuesday Tuesday Wednesday Wednesday Thursday Thursday Friday Friday The following Monday Saturday N/A (see Note) Sunday N/A (see Note)
If you try to schedule a payment after 7 pm Central Time or on a non-business day, a message will alert you to schedule your payment for the next available business day.
When recurring payments are scheduled for a non-business day, your account will be credited on the next available business day.
Holidays (Based on Federal Reserve)
- New Year's Day
- Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Washington's Birthday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
- How do I know which payments I've scheduled or completed?
Before the scheduled payment date, your history page will show the payment as "scheduled." When the scheduled payment is submitted to the payment processor, your history page will show the payment as "pending." After the response is received, your history page will show the payment as "approved" or "rejected."
You may choose to receive various communications about your payments. View your options in your profile.
Click "Profile" on the banner menu and then click "View Notifications" to make selections.
- Can I extend the payment due date?
You can pay your balance in full up to 21 days beyond the past due date. After that time, you will need to call Customer Service at 913-895-1800 if you need to discuss payment of your bill.
Helpful Hint: To avoid late fees, always schedule your payments to occur no later than your due date.
- Can I cancel a scheduled payment?
You may cancel a payment as long as it is listed on the Payment History page as "Scheduled."
- What happens to scheduled payments if I delete the WaterOne account from enrollment?
Scheduled payments will still be processed. If you do not want this to happen, you should cancel any scheduled payments prior to deleting the account.
- What happens to scheduled payments if I cancel my enrollment?
Any payments still in a scheduled state will be cancelled upon cancellation of the enrollment.
- What happens to scheduled payments if I delete the bank account that was used to set up the payment?
All scheduled payments will be cancelled if their status is "scheduled." You must make other arrangements to pay this bill.
- How is my personal and financial information kept safe?
Our bill processor - KUBRA - uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure:
- User ID and Password: Your User ID and password are unique identifiers that only you know. As long as you don't share your user name and password with anyone, no one can view your bills or personal information.
- SSL: KUBRA uses secure socket layers (SSL) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption: KUBRA uses 128 bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out: KUBRA automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for 20 minutes.
- Are all computers safe to use?
For maximum security, you may want to avoid using public computers when enrolling or modifying your personal or banking information. Computer security experts advise that you may put your information at risk when you use a public computer for personal business. While KUBRA uses numerous security measures to protect your personal information on our website, the use of public computers (schools, libraries, internet cafes) may compromise the security of your information.
- How is your data security and privacy assured?
WaterOne's paperless billing and online payment site is powered by KUBRA, a company whose business is bill viewing and payment over the Internet. All data transmissions employ current level encryption and KUBRA undergoes annual audits to verify that its electronic payment processing meets industry standards for data security and privacy as required by the banking system.
- Who has access to my payment information?
You, WaterOne Customer Service Reps, and limited KUBRA personnel, have the ability to see the payments you have made. Only you have access to your bank account information.
- What software do I need to use paperless billing?
You can access your paperless bill from any computer with an internet connection and a web browser that supports 128 bit encryption.
- Can I download my bills into personal accounting applications?
No, sorry. At this time you cannot download your e-bill information into money management programs.