Notify Distribution Water Quality & New Service (DWQNS) staff when you obtain a City or County construction permit that involves plumbing work.
- New Service Connection Permit Application
- Legal address of the property to be served.
- One full set of electronic plans, including:
- Grading plans
- Civil site plan depicting building footprint, property lines and public street intersections
- Site Utility Plan - Water mains
- MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, and Plumbing) Plans
- Lawn Irrigation Plans showing location of backflow preventer
- Fire Protection showing details of the fire riser
Plans must show domestic and fire line connections, including:
- Proposed location and size of water service connection
- Proposed meter pit/vault(s).
- Proposed vault(s)
- Existing water main
- Proposed fire protection main
- Proposed lawn irrigation
- Backflow preventer vault(s) or the above ground enclosure(s)
Staff will review plans and/or perform a site inspection to determine what backflow protection may be required. New service permits will not be issued until we've received the signed Project Letter.
- Plan review will require a New Service application.
- Plan review will be performed within 20 working days.
- Backflow prevention assemblies must be approved by WaterOne.
- If WaterOne requirements and municipal plumbing code should conflict, the more stringent requirement prevails.
Contact Cross-Connection Control at 913/895-1815.
Test reports may be e-mailed (preferred) or faxed to Cross-Connection Control:
Attn: Cross-Connection Control
10747 Renner Blvd.
Lenexa, KS 66219