WaterOne serves over 405,000 people within a 270 square mile service area.
WaterOne is independent from the 811 Dig Safe service.
To ensure you don’t hit a water line when you’re digging, request a WaterOne locate. A WaterOne service person will evaluate your request and issue an "all clear" or do a site visit to locate/flag any water mains and service lines (from the main to the meter) in your excavation area.
Before requesting a locate, you must agree to the following. By selecting “I Agree,” you agree to the following Terms & Conditions.
All emergency locates should be phoned in at 913/895-1806.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. I agree on behalf of myself and/or my company to release, remise and forever discharge, WaterOne and any of its agents, employees, successors and assigns of and from all claims, demands, damages, actions, causes of action of suits of law or in equity, of whatsoever kind or nature, for or because of any tickets, reports or other information that WaterOne attempts to transmit to me through the use of email over the internet.
2. I acknowledge that WaterOne has no control over third party telecommunications networks, servers or the Internet and delays and disruptions of other transmissions over such networks are completely beyond the control of WaterOne. I understand and agree that WaterOne does not guarantee the availability or reliability of such telecommunications networks providing the Online Locate Service.
3. I acknowledge that my access to the WaterOne Online Locate Service is at my sole risk and agree that the Service and information provided are without warranty of any kind by WaterOne.
4. I agree that under no circumstances, including negligence, will WaterOne or any of its directors, officers or employees, be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from my use of my inability to use the Online Locate Services. I acknowledge that this limitation applies to all content information or other services available through WaterOne, and whether or not WaterOne has notice of the possibility of such damages and whether or not circumstances giving rise to such damages may have been within the control of WaterOne.
5. I agree that the Online Locate Service and all of the content of this site and the information I receive from the WaterOne Line Locate department is the property of WaterOne. I may not reproduce, transmit, disseminate, sell, distribute, publish, broadcast, circulate or commercially exploit the Line Locate form, the content or the information in any manner without the express written consent of WaterOne. Its logo and other trademarks found at the site are the property of WaterOne and any unauthorized use is strictly forbidden.
6. The use of the WaterOne Online Locate Request service and the conditions of WaterOne Line Locates shall be governed by the laws of the State of Kansas.
WaterOne Line Locates
1. Location information is approximate and does not represent the centerline of the structure located.
2. Lateral tolerances of three (3) feet either side of the mark must be allowed for Cast Iron and Ductile Iron mains 12” or smaller.
3. Lateral tolerances of five (5) feet either side of the mark must be allowed for Cast Iron and Ductile Iron mains larger than 12”.
4. Lateral tolerances of five (5) feet either side of the locate mark must be allowed for A.C., Concrete, or PVC pipe. These pipe materials are not traceable by electronic means. Excavators should proceed with additional caution in excavation.
5. WaterOne line locate markings are valid for 15 calendar days. During that time, the protection of the markings is the exclusive responsibility of the requesting excavator. After 15 calendar days, if work continues, an updated request for a locate must be made online using the Update Request form, or by calling 913/895-1806, or by faxing 913/895-1826. The original locate ticket number must be included in any request.
6. WaterOne locating staff will not mark more than a 1000’ distance per locate request.
7. No depth information will be given.
8. The WaterOne Line Locate Request Form should only be used for initial, routine line locate requests. All other requests shall be made by calling 913/895-1806 or faxing 913/895-1826.
9. WaterOne requires two business days, in addition to the day the request is received, to perform line locates.