1. What information do I need to enroll?
Enrollment is easy! You'll need your WaterOne account number and the exact spelling of your name (including spaces and punctuation) as it appears on your bill. To speed up the process, know what username and password you want to use.
If you plan to make Self-Managed Direct Debit payments through your paperless billing profile, you will need the routing and account numbers for the bank account you'll use. This information can be securely stored in your profile or you can enter it each time you make a payment. Payments made through your paperless billing profile do not carry a processing fee.
Note: If you have a new WaterOne account, you must receive your first paper bill before enrolling for paperless billing.
2. When will my new User ID and password be activated?
You are ready to view your bill and make a Single/Independent payment immediately following your successful enrollment.
3. How do I enroll additional accounts?
Click "Profile" from the top banner, choose "View WaterOne Accounts," then click on “Add Account” under the “Action” column.
4. When can I start making payments through my paperless billing profile?
You can start making payments as soon as you are enrolled.
Important: The bill in your profile at the time of enrollment must be paid using the Single/Independent Payment option. Recurring payments are triggered by the arrival of a new bill and will not be effective for a bill already in your profile. Scheduled recurring payments will start when your next bill arrives.
5. Will I continue to receive a paper bill in the mail?
No. In order to receive a paper bill you would need to deactivate your profile.
6. How do I cancel my paperless billing enrollment?
From the log-in screen, choose “Deactivate your profile.”
7. How is my personal and financial information kept safe?
Our bill processor - KUBRA - uses several methods to ensure that your information is secure:
- User ID and Password: Your User ID and password are unique identifiers that only you know. As long as you don't share your user name and password with anyone, no one can view your bills or personal information.
- SSL: KUBRA uses SSL (secure socket layers) which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- Encryption: KUBRA uses 128 bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
- Automatic Sign Out: KUBRA automatically signs you out of a session if you are inactive for 20 minutes.
8. Are all computers safe to use?
For maximum security, you may want to avoid using public computers when enrolling or modifying your personal or banking information. Computer security experts advise that you may put your information at risk when you use a public computer for personal business. While KUBRA uses numerous security measures to protect your personal information on our website, the use of public computers (schools, libraries, internet cafes) may compromise the security of your information.
9. How is your data security and privacy assured?
WaterOne's paperless billing and online payment site is powered by KUBRA, a company whose business is bill viewing and payment over the Internet. All data transmissions employ current level encryption and Kubra undergoes annual audits to verify that its electronic payment processing meets industry standards for data security and privacy as required by the banking system.
10. Who has access to my payment information?
You, WaterOne customer service reps, and limited KUBRA personnel have the ability to see the payments you have made. Only you have access to your bank account information.
11. What types of payment are accepted on the paperless billing site?
Direct debit payment from a banking account: checking, Money Market or savings accounts. You manage all of your payment information and scheduling in your profile, hence the name, Self-Managed Direct Debit.
12. How do I make a payment?
Go to WaterOne.org and click the orange “Pay My Bill” square. “Self-Managed Direct Debit” is the option you are looking for when making a payment from your banking account. You will need to log into your paperless billing profile.
A summary view of your current bill is available on the landing page of your profile. Click "view" to see the actual bill. If you're okay with the amount of the bill and want to go ahead and pay without viewing the bill, choose "pay." Your options are to make a Single/Independent Payment (left side of the screen), or click the “Switch to Recurring Payments” button (right side of the screen) for even more options.
13. Can I establish regularly scheduled payments?
Yes. Two types of payments can be scheduled in advance. We call them recurring payments. You have the choice between two types of recurring payments; automatic and fixed.
- Automatic: Automatic payments ensure your payment is never late. This option always pays the amount shown on the bill. You can choose to pay the bill as soon as it arrives in your profile, on the due date, or a specified number of days before the due date.
- Fixed: Both the amount you want to pay and the date you choose to make the payment are the same each month.
Before submitting a recurring payment for scheduling, be sure to double check the starting and ending dates in the Payment Period section. Make sure they accurately reflect what you are trying to accomplish with the type of payment(s) you are scheduling.
We also offer AutoPay - another type of recurring, automatic, convenient, free form of payment that is available through our customer service department. AutoPay is a "hands-free" payment solution where all of your information is managed and maintained by our customer service department. AutoPay is not available through your paperless billing profile, you must contact customer service to enroll or make changes once enrolled.
If you are unsure whether you are enrolled for AutoPay, please check with customer service BEFORE scheduling a recurring payment. Enrollment in recurring payments and AutoPay will create duplicate payments.14. When will my Single/Independent Payment be processed?
- "Same Day" payments can only be made before 7 pm CST. If you try to schedule a payment for "today" but it is after 7 pm CST or on a non-business day, a message alerts you to schedule your payment for the next available business day. )
- Your account will be credited on the business day following the selected payment date. See the chart below for a complete schedule.
- Payments scheduled for a holiday may be withdrawn from your bank account on the business day prior to the holiday.
Timing of Bank Account Payments
|If you schedule your payment for ...||Your account will be credited on:|
|Friday||The following Monday|
|Saturday||n/a (see below)|
|Sunday||n/a (see below)|
- If you try to schedule a payment after 7pm CST Central Time or on a non-business day, a message will alert you to schedule your payment for the next available business day.
- When recurring payments are scheduled for a non-business day, your account will be credited on the next available business day.
Holidays (based on Federal Reserve):
- New Year's Day
- Birthday of Martin Luther King Jr.
- Washington's Birthday
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Columbus Day
- Veterans Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
15. How do I know which payments I've scheduled or completed?
Before the scheduled payment date, your history page will show the payment as "scheduled." When the scheduled payment is submitted to the payment processor, your history page will show the payment as "pending." After the response is received, your history page will show the payment as "approved" or "rejected."
You may choose to receive various communications about your payments. View your options in your profile.
Click "Profile" on the top banner menu and then click "View Notifications" to make selections.
16. Can I pay my balance in full or extend the payment due date?
You can pay your balance in full up to 21 days beyond the past due date. After that time, you will need to use one of our other options to pay your bill. See our full assortment of payment options on WaterOne.org or call Customer Service at 913/895-1800 if you need to discuss payment of your bill.
Helpful Hint: To avoid late fees, always schedule your payments to occur no later than your due date.
17. Can I cancel a scheduled payment?
You may cancel a payment as long as it is listed on the Payment History page as "Scheduled."
18. What happens to scheduled payments if I delete the WaterOne account from enrollment?
Scheduled payments will still be processed. If you do not want this to happen, you should cancel any scheduled payments prior to deleting the account.
19. What happens to scheduled payments if I cancel my enrollment?
Any payments still in a scheduled state will be cancelled upon cancellation of the enrollment.
20. What happens to scheduled payments if I delete the bank account that was used to set up the payment?
All scheduled payments will be cancelled if their status is "scheduled." You must make other arrangements to pay this bill.
21. What if I forget my User ID or password?
Go to the log-in page and click on "Forgot User ID/Password?"
22. How do I change my name or email?
Click “Profile” on the top banner menu and then click “View Contact Information.”
23. How do I change my bank account information?
Click “Payments” on the top banner menu and then click “View Payment Accounts.”
24. How can I confirm if my payment has been processed?
Click “Payments” on the top banner menu and then click “View Payment History.”
25. What software do I need to use paperless billing?
You can access your paperless bill from any computer with an internet connection and a web browser that supports 128 bit encryption.
26. Can I download my bills into personal accounting applications?
No, sorry. At this time you cannot download your e-bill information into money management programs.
27. How are notifications delivered?
- Email: Choose to get a plain text or HTML email to the email address identified with your online profile. If an email address isn't valid or provided, emails will not be delivered.
- Text (SMS): Get a text to your mobile phone. Please note that a separate SMS enrollment process must be completed after selecting SMS delivery method for at least one of the Notification Types. If SMS enrollment is not complete, no SMS messages will be delivered.