Our official name is Water District No. 1 of Johnson County, but you can just call us WaterOne.
Questions? Contact Kelly Fry at (913) 895-5543 or email@example.com.
Water is important, fascinating, and fun. We are universally affected by water.
WaterOne’s outreach engages our community through school programming, community events, staff volunteer days, river clean-ups, and speaking engagements. WaterOne is committed to increasing awareness about the value and quality of tap water and critical customer interests through informational campaigns for NotifyJoCo, I Love Tap, and Smart Watering.
Here are some places you can find us out in our community.
See WaterOne’s Facebook Calendar to see all of our community events.
Connecting with the community we serve is important to all of us at WaterOne. Come see us at our community events throughout the year, including:
- Tower 2 Tower 5K (April/May): Join us for the newest 5k, a circuit from WaterOne’s water tower on Renner Blvd to Olathe’s tower at 119th and Renner and back. Runners’ registration fees support Water For People in honor of National Drinking Water week. More information coming soon.
- Johnson County Home and Garden Show (January): Every January, thousands of homeowners check out the latest home and garden trends at this three day expo at the Overland Park Convention Center. Join us for a Quench Bar experience showcasing the delicious refreshment of tap water at this year’s show!
- Touch-A-Truck (August): Sit behind the driver’s seat of a big work truck, just like the crews at WaterOne! This annual family event at the Overland Park Convention Center showcases big work vehicles from many local companies. WaterOne has a great time showing off our unique work trucks to excited families every year.
- Quench Bars (Various Dates): Tap water is delicious, replenishable, and an amazing value. WaterOne promotes using tap water over single-use bottled water by hosting “Quench Bars” where chilled water is served plain or infused with mint, cucumber and berries. Our quench bars have been a big hit at community events such as at the Johnson County Home and Garden Show, Lenexa Business Blast, and Prairie Village Environmental Fair.
- Tap Water Taste Test Challenge: We’re proud that our award-winning tap is the best-tasting tap water in the state of Kansas. Can you taste the difference between WaterOne and bottled water? Try it yourself at our blind taste test challenge. Occurs most Wednesdays during produce season at the Overland Park Farmers Market.
WaterOne is working with school districts in our service area to develop a comprehensive, hands-on program about tap water for 6th grade classes. Students will learn where their water comes from, how tap water is treated and delivered, and why it is so important for people to have access to clean, high quality public water.
Heartland Habitat For Humanity
Heartland Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes and communities through an approach that encourages dignity and hope. WaterOne’s partnership with Heartland Habitat for Humanity includes financial donations funded entirely with non-ratepayer dollars and an optional annual service day given to all employees who choose to work on a WaterOne Habitat project. Projects are ongoing throughout the year, and we’re excited to make a difference in our service area while promoting team building and community engagement to our employees.
Know someone in need? Refer them to Heartland Habitat For Humanity.
Other Sponsorships and Causes
- Breast Cancer Awareness (October): Internal fundraising supported by WaterOne employees.
- Toys for Tots (December): Annual donations supported by WaterOne employees.
- Water for People – Tower2Tower 5k: Proceeds of the Tower 2 Tower 5K benefit Water For People.
- Friends of the Kaw: WaterOne has an ongoing relationship with this river stewardship group. WaterOne volunteers assist with river cleanups and provide other support.
- Missouri River Relief: WaterOne has an ongoing relationship with this river stewardship group and provides donations to their annual silent auction.
Due to security requirements we are unable to offer facility tours at this time. We will have video tours of our plants and facilities available online soon.