WaterOne Project Manager
As a part of WaterOne’s commitment to maintaining quality service, we will be doing maintenance on the Delmar Tank, located at 7801 Delmar Street in Prairie Village. Here is some information about the work that will be being done.
- What’s the project? Our contractor will be repainting the inside and outside of the water tower. This is required maintenance to keep the tower in good working condition and prolong its useful life. The tower will remain the same silver color as it is today.
- What’s the project timeframe? The project began August 31st. Final completion is expected in Spring 2016, weather pending.
- How will this affect me? We strive to minimize inconvenience when we do work in your neighborhood. You may notice activity on and around the tower and there may be some short-term ambient noise from the project. We do not anticipate any impact to traffic, nor will water service be affected. Onsite construction and clean-up will be completed as quickly as possible.
- Will it be noisy? During the project, there should only be 1-2 weeks of low ambient noise (i.e. air compressor, pressure washer). Paint will be rolled-on and brushed on to avoid overspray and unnecessary noise. The contractor must observe quiet hours. Working hours will be 7 AM to 7 PM Monday through Friday, and 8 AM to 6 PM on Saturday. No work will be permitted on Sundays or holidays.
- Is this a city project? No, WaterOne is an independent water utility. Officials with the City of Prairie Village are aware of the project but WaterOne is the responsible party.
|Maintenance Start||Fall 2015
|Maintenance End||June 2016|