Click here to learn more about making an open records request.
WaterOne’s website and social media (hereafter referred to as electronic communication sites) have been developed to improve communications and customer service. Use of these electronic communication sites by the public is voluntary and subject to State and Federal laws. The following policies also apply:
• WaterOne’s electronic communication sites are maintained to provide access to WaterOne information. While WaterOne attempts to keep its information accurate and timely, WaterOne neither warrants nor makes representations or endorsements as to quality, content, accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, hyperlinks, and other items contained on these sites. Materials have been compiled from a variety of sources, and are subject to change without notice from WaterOne as a result of updates and corrections. Otherwise, legally permissible commercial use of the electronic material is prohibited without the written notice of WaterOne.
• The WaterOne electronic communication sites and all material contained on them are transmitted "as is" without warranties of any kind, either expressed or implied, including without limitations, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. WaterOne is not responsible for any special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages that may arise from the use of, or the inability to use, the sites and/or the materials contained on the sites whether the materials contained on the site are provided by WaterOne, or a third party.
• The WaterOne electronic communication sites may contain links to external sites that are not under the control of WaterOne, and WaterOne is not responsible for the content of any hyperlinked site or any link contained in a hyperlink site. The presence of these hyperlinks should not be construed as an endorsement by WaterOne of these sites or their content. WaterOne is not responsible for the content of any such external hyperlink.
• The materials on the WaterOne electronic communication sites are copyrighted and any unauthorized use of any material on these sites may violate copyright, trademark and other laws. All service marks and trademarks mentioned herein are the property of their respective owners. Any commercial use of the materials stored on the WaterOne’s electronic communication sites is prohibited without the written permission of WaterOne. WaterOne retains copyright on all text, graphic images, and other content.
• Communications made through WaterOne’s electronic communication sites shall in no way be deemed to constitute legal notice to WaterOne or any of its officials, officers, employees, agents or representatives, with respect to any existing or potential claim or cause of action against WaterOne or any of its officials, officers, employees, agents, or representatives, where notice to WaterOne is required by any federal, state, or local laws, rules or regulations.
• WaterOne's electronic communication sites are subject to the Kansas Open Records Act and other laws. Any content that is related to WaterOne's business, including a list of subscribers and posted communication (with certain exceptions), is a public record and may be discloseable pursuant to a request for public records. Information posted by the public, including private messages, may also be considered a public record and subject to Kansas Open Records Act and other laws. Any articles and any other content posted or submitted for posting may be or are subject to public disclosure upon request. Requests for public records must be directed to the WaterOne’s Freedom of Information Officer [link to KORA Request page].
• www.waterone.org is the official WaterOne website.
• http://twitter.com/mywaterone is the official WaterOne Twitter account.
• http://facebook.com/mywaterone is the official Facebook page of WaterOne.
• www.youtube.com/user/OurWaterOne is the official YouTube account of WaterOne.
• Visitors to the WaterOne's electronic communication sites are notified that the intended purpose of the sites is to serve as a means of communication between the WaterOne and members of the public. Site articles, posts and comments deemed to contain any of the following forms of content shall not be allowed and shall be removed as soon as possible.
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation or upon any other basis prohibited by applicable law
- Sexual content or links to sexual content
- Solicitations of commerce
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may comprise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any person
- Any content that is deemed to violate State or Federal laws
• Posts on the WaterOne electronic communication sites will be deleted, at the sole discretion of WaterOne if they were made in error, are substantially incorrect, or against policy. Repeat violators may be blocked from the site.
• Please be aware that, when the public posts to WaterOne’s social media sites, WaterOne disclaims any and all responsibility and liability for any and all content in such posts, including materials that the WaterOne deems inappropriate for posting, which cannot be removed in an expeditious and otherwise timely manner.
• WaterOne's electronic communication sites will generally be updated during regular business hours (Monday – Friday, 8AM – 5PM), unless in an emergency. Every attempt will be made to respond promptly to questions and inquiries. If an immediate response in needed, please contact WaterOne directly.
• The public should not include any confidential personal information (such as account numbers, financial information, etc.) in any posts or electronic communications.
Our Commitment to Your Privacy and Security
Your privacy is important to us. WaterOne has created this privacy statement in order to demonstrate its firm commitment to privacy and the security of your personal information. The following information explains our policy regarding any personal information you may supply to us when visiting WaterOne electronic communication sites.
WaterOne's goal in collecting personal information electronically is to provide our customers and the public with the most effective service possible. By understanding your needs and preferences, WaterOne will be in the better position to provide you with improved service. Our goal is to protect your electronic information in the same manner that we protect citizen and business information obtained through other means.
What We Do To Secure Your Information
To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and ensure the correct use of information, we have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
However, you should know that in the present technological environment, no security measures are perfect, and that neither WaterOne, nor any other Internet site, can fully eliminate these security risks.
Should there be an unauthorized access or suspected compromise of your personal information on our servers, we will expediently notify you through a written letter or other means so that you will be able to quickly take steps to prevent possible identity theft.
On certain occasions, we may request that you provide your email address and consent for purposes of correspondence or for WaterOne business. WaterOne will not share email addresses with anyone outside WaterOne or disclose user information to any third party, unless done so pursuant to applicable law, including but not limited to the Kansas Open Records Act or under a court order.
WaterOne does not release any information about the collection of IP addresses to any third party except as required by law. WaterOne's website archives web server log files in order to create aggregate statistical reports, detect errors at the website, and implement security protocols. Aggregate reports about website visitors are generated. These reports do not contain any personally identifiable information. The web log files are eventually deleted per WaterOne policy.
Other Electronic Communication Sites
WaterOne’s electronic communication sites may contain links to other electronic communication sites; WaterOne is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such electronic communication sites.